Do you know that Rice is not just a versatile food item but also highly beneficial for your hair? Rice water for hair growth has become a popular method in the past few years.
It is proven that using rice water in your hair care routine can improve the feel and look of your hair. Rice water is full of minerals and vitamins which help in hair growth and strengthen your hair follicles. It also improves the look and density of your hair.
So, let’s dive deep into the benefits of rice water and see how you can use it.
Benefits of rice water for hair growth :
The four core benefits of using rice water for hair growth are
- Rice water promotes hair growth
- It increases the shine of your hair
- Rice water will help to make your hair smooth as silk
- Lastly, it will detangle your hair naturally.
If you add rice water to your hair care regime, it will reduce surface friction and increase the elasticity of your hair. Also, using fermented rice water will restore your hair’s pH balance as rice water is acidic.
Rice itself contains a mix of amino proteins, minerals, antioxidants, and B vitamins. In addition, rice water is composed of a starchy substance left behind when rice is boiled or soaked. So, the nutritional properties of the rice provide rice water with its hair strengthening properties.
How to Make Rice Water for Hair Growth?
To prepare rice water, you will need
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 cup of water
- 3-7 drops of essential oils (optional)
- Rinse the rice thoroughly to get rid of any dirt or debris.
- Add fresh water to the bowl and mix it. Cover the bowl and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Strain the rice water into a spray bottle or container.
- Refrigerate it until you are ready to use it. Remember, It should be used within three days.
Note – Fermented rice water has a strong smell; you can add drops of essential oils or some herbal tea to eliminate the odor. You can also use lemon or orange peels in it.
How to Use Rice Water for Hair?
You can use rice water twice a week after shampooing or conditioning. However, make sure that you are using it on your scalp rather than the ends of your hair. Let it sit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then rinse off.
Rice water is an ancient way to improve and strengthen your hair. It is a great way to make your hair shinier, stronger, and healthier.
Rice water is gaining popularity as a way to increase hair growth. Rice itself contains many minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Thus, rice provides rice water with its hair promoting and strengthening properties. Let’s look into the benefits of using rice water for hair growth and how to use it.